Saturday, July 12, 2008

Shifters, Showers and Springfield in the Show-Me State!

Missouri....you are so tricky.

I had SO much fun the past couple days in Springfield. I visited Laura McElroy, slept in a bed at her house, and toured around Springfield with her (Andy's ice cream and the Bass Pro Shop ROCK!). Thanks for being so wonderful Laura.

But there have also been some down parts. For instance, our leaders didn't know that county roads in Missouri are gravel. We spent 20 horrible miles on gravel. UGH. after that, my left shifter stopped working. I figured I would fix it in Springfield. But then into Springfield my right shifter broke, and so I spent my first time in the van. I was kinda sad but I made a game of trying to get our group some free food, and everyone loved the spaghetti I got donated.

Anyways, other interesting things:
-Armadillos are everywhere in MO
-I didn't know how montainous the Ozarks are but trust me, they're big!!!
-Southern MO is a lot similar to the south in terms of accents, and cultures (rodeos, cowboys boots....)
-MO is SO humid, and rainy (its rained everyday that we've been in this state!_

Tomorrow is one of the days I've been looking forward to the most: were biking through KANSAS (well only 4-8 miles!)

Im hungry...time to eat!
~allie

No comments: