Sunday, July 6, 2008

Meeting in Saint Louie!!!

Today was a GREAT day!!!

Mom and Dad met us last night in Salem, Illinois to bike with us today from Salem to St. Louis. They met us at the church at 5:50 am to ride (although we were a bit slow to get going). I must admit I was a little nervous to have them riding with us, but it was a lot of fun. Mom rode the first 21 miles, and handled it great. After about 5 miles she said, "You know I can go faster..." (and so we did!). At a park near the largest lake in Illinois Dad took a turn. He rode 35 with us and I was impressed with his speed and how he handled the heat (I just heard it got up to 90 degrees today!). We stopped with the group for lunch at mile 40 (it happenned to be 10 am) and continued on. Around mile 56 mom and dad decided to both ride in the car and scope out and ice cream place, which we found around mile 65. It was the perfect DQ- ice cream, good conversation, Harry Potter on in the background and air conditioner!
We took a bike path across the McKinley bridge to enter Missouri (the Show me State) and St. Louis. Dad rode with us across the bridge, and we took some really fun pictures with the arch in the background.
When we got to the church, we found out that the Y we were suppose to shower at had closed. So about 10 of us hopped in the van and came over to Grandma's place, where we swam and showered. It was so much fun to have my friends meet Grandma and they all thought she was super nice and adorable. I'm now writing from her computer...they all went back to the church. I kinda feel like part of my soul is missing, I've been with these people non-stop for four weeks....but I guess I do enjoy my privacy. I took a long shower and am now doing laundry...its weird not to wait in line for the shower or laundry or computer. Tomorrow we have a day off and Im excited to just relax...or go to a museum, or sit around and just enjoy mom and dad and grandma's company. I'm sure anytime soon I'll crash but right now I'm running on the endorphine's of a great day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is Danny, your cousin. I'm helping grandma leave a comment.

She says goodluck, keep up the good work, and she hopes that everything is working out alright.
She also wants to know if your mother told you that she and seymour sent you a donation. We're leaving tomorrow and wont be back for a week.

Keep working hard, hope you get this. We're all thinking about you.