Friday, June 27, 2008

The day after A day off!

Im writing from Ohio! So far today I've been in three states- Pennsylvania, West Virginia, and now Ohio! I didn't get a chance to write yesterday: I was too busy relaxing. It was our first day off and I slept in until 9 (I know...so late!). I spent most of the morning bumming around the church, doing laundry, journaling, and calling people. Then in the afternoon Kyle, Lenny, Lindsay and I went to the science center and IMAX! We saw a movie about the Alps and everytime people climbed up the mountain I pretended it was me on my bike :). Anyways, we also ate some great Greek food and let our bodies rest...I feel like yesterday may have been the first day in my entire life that I didn't feel like exercising!!!

There are definately different types of riding...we have been doing mostly mountain climbing, but getting into downtown Pittsburg was intense. There were cars and people and noises everywhere- but we did it! I'm also REALLY proud of myself because I have now changed two flats on my own...to some people on this trip that's no big deal, but learning about bike upkeep is a big deal for me. Anyways, its on to Ohio and then Indiana...more later!

Love
Allie

2 comments:

Coach Erin said...

Congrats Allie! I have enjoyed reading your blog. You are doing fantastic and having an experience you never will forget! Be careful!
Erin

Unknown said...

Dearest Allie
So very cool. I don't suppose blackberries have quite hit season yet, but when they do, please eat one for me. You're a star.
love Eric